RUNE LABS, INC.
Last Updated on May 1, 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- What are Tracking Technologies, such as Cookies and Web Beacons, and How Do We Use Them?
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- Your Choices Regarding Information
- Links to Third Party Websites
- How We Respond To Do Not Track signals
- Children Under 16
- Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information, including Personal Information, that you give us when you create an account, contact us, or otherwise access or use our Services, any information you voluntarily submit to us, and information regarding how you use the Services. Specifically, we collect, store, and use the following categories of Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- For Registered Users, your name, company name, title, email address, postal address, zip code, country, telephone number, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Services or otherwise use our Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Rune Labs activities.
- Other Personal Information or details about you that you voluntarily submit, which may include your profession, gender, date of birth, your profile picture, etc.
- Health data, such as medial or health conditions or symptoms, medications, medication summaries and history and similar information, which is collected and used in accordance with our HIPPA Statement.
- Any information, including your name or email address, you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Services:
- Details of how you use the Services.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Services from a mobile application, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Browser and device information and information collected through Tracking Technologies (defined below), such as cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including to improve the Services, optimize our technology and algorithms, refine and customize our offerings and user experience, experience of our Users, and innovate ways to forward our mission.
In particular, we use the information we collect to:
- Administer the Services, enable you to use its features, and improve the overall user experience.
- Accomplish or further our mission – enabling medical developers and clinicians through technology to deliver therapies for complex neurological disorders and helping those developers and clinicians assist and provide information to their patients and clients.
- Communicate with you through email, text, SMS, telephone, or any other medium for which we have contact information so that we can provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide technical support and customer support.
- Analyze how Users use the Services using analytics tools, like Google Analytics, and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Services.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- Anonymize, aggregate or otherwise make such information non-personally identifiable for a variety of purposes, including those listed in this section. The use and disclosure of such de-identified information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
- Compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties except with your consent or as necessary to provide any specific service you have requested or authorized. We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Partners & Collaborating Organizations: Sometimes we collaborate closely with other groups to further our mission. In these cases, we may share your name, contact information and other details you provided when making an account with our partners.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers: We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Services; and to protect the rights or property of Rune Labs. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you and, if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
What are Tracking Technologies, such as Cookies and Web Beacons, and How Do We Use Them?
We, or third parties we do business with, may use certain technologies to automatically collect log files and other information about your usage of, and the devices you use to access, the Services (“Tracking Technologies”). For example, we may use Tracking Technologies like cookies, log files, web beacons, session replay scripts, or similar technologies to help us analyze our web page flow, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and promote trust and safety.
You may delete and block all cookies from our Services, but parts of the Services will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit or use the Services and to help determine how you found the Services. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a Registered User, you are solely responsible for keeping your account details confidential, including any access credentials like passwords or mobile device PINs.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have several choices with respect to the use of Personal Information on our Services:
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user in their user account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by editing their profile via the Services. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Delete or Correct Your Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Your Content by accessing your user account (including any imported contacts). You control all of Your Content and any other User Content you upload. Content that you delete (including Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history and base snapshots. For instructions on how to permanently delete Your Content from your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Your Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
- Delete or Correct Personal Information. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
- Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information, as well as information about its processing, and can ask for a copy of your Personal Information (including in machine readable form) by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Option Out of Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Rune Labs features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using the Services, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under 16
The Services is not directed to individuals who are under age of 16 and we do not solicit nor knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you believe that we have unknowingly collected any Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and the information will be deleted.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
Rune Labs is based in the United States. The Services is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be collected, transferred to, stored and otherwise processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Rune Labs, Inc.
c/o Data Protection Officer
649 Irving St, San Francisco CA 94122
Please contact us if you have any complaints or concerns with respect to your privacy. If you believe we are unable to assist you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the relevant jurisdiction. However, we are committed to working with you to resolve any complaint or concern you may have with respect to your privacy.